We believe that if everyone does their part, we can help the planet to remain a healthy place to live. Simple actions such as separating recyclable materials, saving water and energy, contribute significantly to the maintenance of the environment. But here, at Sitmed, our commitment is greater and everyone’s engagement contributes to being an ecologically responsible company.
Our commitment to environmental issues involves, among others:
- Separation and use of all recyclable material generated by the company.
- Rainwater catchment system with 70,000 liter reservoirs.
- Photovoltaic plant to generate all electrical energy consumed by the company.
- Factory coverage with translucent areas to take advantage of natural lighting.
- Preservation of a green area with more than 10,000 m² next to the industrial park.
- Preservation of a native green area with more than 50,000 m² that houses, in addition to several animal species, a large amount of Araucaria trees, considered by IUCN (International Union for Conservation of Nature) as a species in an extreme risk of extinction.
- Projects and development for alternatives in the area of electric mobility.
We believe that our actions guarantee sustainable development for the planet, serving as an example and guaranteeing well-being for future generations.